All donations go directly to the organizational initiatives and operating costs. Hope for HIE is run solely by volunteers.
Hope for HIE has existed since 2010 as an online group , serving families around the world with virtual support. As we officially incorporated in 2013 and obtained 501(c)3 status in 2014, we have undertaken efforts to focus on awareness, education and support in an effort to connect more families so that no one faces this journey alone.
Your donations go to fund:
- Family hospitalization support: families who find themselves in extended hospitalizations with their children receive care packages from the organization. Each package contains items tailored to the family to provide comfort and range in costs of $35-50/each.
- Bereavement support: for those who lose their children to HIE, Hope for HIE engages loss coordinators to facilitate support for each family. A tailored memorial care package is put together and presented to the family. These range in cost from $100-150/each.
- Medical outreach initiatives: thousands of families lack the information to access Hope for HIE’s support network. Through distributing educational materials to NICU and PICUs, we can provide families with an easy-to-understand guide connecting them to our network, and provide medical professionals information on how to connect families to our network. We also work to partner with other organizations who can help us connect with families sooner.
- Family outreach: local group formation and implementation, local and national events such as the annual mom retreat, the super siblings program, and other key initiatives.
- Online communication efforts: we know families go to the internet to search and find information for their newly diagnosed child. Through maintaining our website, and providing a comprehensive online presence, we can reach more families during their time of need.
- Organizational maintenance costs: non-profit and 501(c)3 compliance, financial management resources, tools necessary to move our mission forward.
Year in Review
To view what was accomplished in the previous year, please review our Year in Review.
We are a confirmed 501(c)(3) approved non-profit. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by the IRS.
Thank you for your commitment to helping us connect families to the support they need throughout their journey with HIE.
Connect with families, read inspiring stories, and get helpful resources delivered right to your inbox.