Give to Hope for HIE
Hope for HIE has been supporting families, worldwide, since 2010. As the premiere worldwide organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children and families affected by HIE through Awareness, Education & Support, we have grown to serve over 6,000 families. We are partnering and collaborating with leading researchers and clinicians around the world, looking at improving treatments and prevention of HIE.
All donations go directly to the organizational initiatives and operating costs.
Your donations go to fund:
- Newly Diagnosed Family Packages: Our NICU/PICU family packages contain educational and referral materials, as well as a few items of comfort for parents and babies. These packages costs about $40/each, and we distribute directly to NICU's and PICU's at time of event or birth, and as well to families who join us within the first three months of diagnosis or birth. Costs average $40/package.
- Family hospitalization support: families who find themselves in extended hospitalizations with their children receive care packages from the organization. Each package contains items tailored to the family to provide comfort and range in costs of $35-50/each.
- Bereavement support: for those who lose their children to HIE, Hope for HIE engages loss coordinators to facilitate support for each family. A tailored memorial care package is put together and presented to the family. These range in cost from $100-150/each.
- Medical outreach initiatives: thousands of families lack the information to access Hope for HIE's support network. Through distributing educational materials to NICU and PICUs, we can provide families with an easy-to-understand guide connecting them to our network, and provide medical professionals information on how to connect families to our network. We also work to partner with other organizations who can help us connect with families sooner.
- Family outreach: local group formation and implementation, local and national events such as the annual mega mom retreat, the super siblings program, and other key initiatives.
- Online communication efforts: we know families go to the internet to search and find information for their newly diagnosed child. Through maintaining our website, and providing a comprehensive online presence, we can reach more families during their time of need.
- Organizational maintenance costs: A funded Executive Director to coordinate organizational programs, collaboratives with researchers, volunteer management, non-profit and 501(c)3 compliance, financial management resources, tools necessary to move our mission forward.
Year in Review
To view what was accomplished in the previous year, please review our Year in Review.
For donors who wish to make a recurring donation, such as monthly, please click here to make your ongoing contribution.
We are a confirmed 501(c)(3) approved non-profit. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by the IRS.
Thank you for your commitment to helping us connect families to the support they need throughout their journey with HIE.