The Hustle for Hope 5K is one of many activities taking place throughout the month of April, HIE Awareness Month, to increase awareness, education, and support of Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy through Hope for HIE, the premiere organization dedicated to awareness, education and support.
Hope for HIE chose the virtual format to meet the needs of its global community, allowing for flexibility, diversity and inclusion. Participants pick a date, time and location (indoors or outdoors) that works best and can complete the 5K by any form of mobility (walk, run or roll).
Hope for HIE's vice president of advocacy and fundraising, David Ford, is championing the Hustle and stated, "This event is something many in our community have asked for over the years. We are really excited to launch on a platform that allows for people to build community, or complete on their own. We are sharing in our participant group some toolkits on hosting community events, gathering sponsorships, and getting the word out. We are supporting individuals as well who want to train for their own well-being to either walk, run, or roll through this 5K with themselves or their families and friends."
Complete it all at once or break it up over time. We encourage you to sign up and post on social media to help raise awareness for this great cause using the hashtags of #hustleforhope and #hopeforhie!
HOW TO COMPLETE:
- Find your motivation and sign up
- Registration options include Standard (bib and finisher medal), Premium (bib, finisher medal and t-shirt), and International Standard and Premium.
- You will receive a confirmation email at the time of registration. Your race packet will arrive around April 1st, 2020.
- Complete the 5K between April 1st and May 15th. Walk, run or roll. Indoors or outdoors. Complete it all at once or break it up over time. By yourself, or connect with others to do it as a community.
- Submit your results manually on our RESULTS page.
- Share your achievement with your friends and tag us @virtualrunchallenge @hopeforhie #virtualrunchallenge #hustleforhope
- Register for your next race!