What I wish I understood 3 years ago when I boarded on this journey:
I wish I knew that I would cope no matter how tough it gets
That I should have enjoyed my baby every second instead of worrying about the future that I couldn't stop or change
That I would love her no matter what
What is this?
The “HIE Roller” is a coveted title that is earned. Hope for HIE started a fundraising competition, and whoever raises the most money in one year receives a prize package and the title of HIE Roller.
Rules of the Game
The rules are simple:
- Whoever raises the most money on behalf of Hope for HIE between Sept. 1, 2015 – Aug. 31, 2016 wins.
- That lucky individual chooses from any or all of the items in our prize package.
- Board members who have served or are serving during the year of the competition are excluded.
2015-2016 Prize Package
- $100 credit towards Hope for HIE merchandise.
- Complimentary spa day (certain restrictions apply)
- Case of wine of your choosing from WineShop at home
Five Ways to Get Credit for Raising Money
1. Make a donation. The easiest way is to donate online here.
2. Make a recurring monthly donation.
3. Shop for Hope for HIE merchandise here, where you can find a wide range of awesome stuff for both kids and adults.
4. Start a fundraising page or organize a fundraiser in your hometown. We can help. If you're interested, contact us.
5. Have an employer that is willing to match your charitable donations? Let us know, and those contributions will count
Have questions? Contact us. Accept the challenge!
Every day, we face questions and search for answers that will help us on our HIE journey. Whether you're new to HIE, or a seasoned veteran, our resource area is a great place to find helpful information.
Our resources will help you think about the questions to ask, and the choices and options to consider on your HIE journey.
Here, you'll find tools, links to local resources and maybe even a few tips/tricks to make life easier. All of our content is gathered, written and developed by other HIE parents and family members.
Please remember that not all information will be specific to you or your family. These resources shouldn't replace any medical advice or direction you may receive from your professional caregiving team. This is simply a place where we can share our resources and develop a listing of everything from therapies to educational reading and self care.
Resource Blog - Posts are updated regularly and are sent in by HIE parents all over the world. Do you like to write? Have a topic you have some knowledge/experience with? Want to tell us your story? E-mail our Website Manager.
Printable Resources - Handouts, flyers and contact cards you can pass along to your local hospital, social worker/case manager, education advocate or medical professional. In the meantime, be sure to ask your providers to add Hope for HIE's website to their resource directory so more families can find us!
Community Programs - For all United States members - you can begin here to find your state's Parent to Parent resource office for community-based services. International members are encouraged to submit their favorite website or government sponsored program to our Website Team. We're very interested in having a full listing of all the important services worldwide.
Recommended Foundations - We endorse and partner with a variety of community organizations. We encourage parents and caregivers to use those listed for additional information and education about their child's specific diagnoses.
Family Blogs We Love - Everyone has a favorite online reading list. This is ours! You won't be shocked to know that many of them are members of our HIE community.